Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spirited Away (2001)

This whole month of November I'm introducing people to Studio Ghibli. Click here to find out why. Click here to see my first Studio Ghibli recommendation. My next Studio Ghibli movie is not for kids under, say, 7 years old.

Main Characters
Sen/Chihiro played by Daveigh Chase
Yubabu/Zeniba played by Suzanne Pleshette
Haku played by Jason Marsden
Noface/frog played by Bob Bergen


Directed by Hayao Miyazaki

Run Time: 125 minutes
Reel Review Rating: 7





What was the movie about?
The movie is about a young girl (Chihiro) with her parents who discover a place for spirits. When something happens to her parents Chihiro has to work at a spirit wash house.

What I thought about the movie.
I thought the movie was strange. It was very..."creepy" and scary, in a way, with spirits and all.


What I learned about making films.
I learned creepy can be interesting.


Why I think other kids should see this film.
I think other kids should see this movie because then they can experience the strange side of Ghibli.

No comments: