Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Main Characters
Klaatu played by Michael Rennie
Helen Benson played by Patricia Neal

Directed by Robert Wise

Run Time: 92 minutes
Reel Review Rating: 8

What is the movie about?
The movie is about a "space man" who lands on Earth and is immediately misjudged and shot. He gets sent to a hospital and when he asks for a favor to speak to the United Nations about the fate of the world, he gets the answer "no". He escapes from the hospital and goes on the run. Many events happen before he turns off the whole world's electricity!!!

What I thought about the movie.
I thought the movie was awesomazing!! I really liked the robot, Gort, and how he uses his laser eyes!!


What I learned about making films.
I didn't really learn anything about film making in this movie BUT I noticed the director, Robert Wise, also directed some other movies I LOVE like The Sound of Music and West Side Story. I have to add Robert Wise to my Favorite Directors list.


Why I think other kids should see this film.
I think other kids should see this movie because it has a good story and also because it has really good acting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack,
I remember the first time I saw this film - loved it. The message of world peace is powerful. Thanks for sharing.
Mr. Sweeney

Jack's Reel Reviews said...

Thanks for your comment, Mr. Sweeney!

I am LOVD said...

Jack,
I think it's so great that you watch these old black and white movies. You are learning so much about film making when you take the time to invest in these classic movies. You'll be a better film director because of it. Keep up the great work and dedication towards it!