Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DragonHeart (1996)

Main Characters
Bowen played by Dennis Quaid
Draco played by Sean Connery
Einon played by David Thewlis
Kara played by Dina Meyer


Directed by Rob Cohen

Run Time: 103 minutes
Reel Review Rating:8




What was the movie about?
The movie was about a prince who is being trained by his teacher to fight like a knight. When the king dies in battle, his son becomes the king and gets injured while taking the crown off his father's head. A dragon needs to give him a heart so he can live. The prince becomes corrupt and the teacher knight needs to stop him with the help of a dragon. And so the adventure begins.

What I thought about the movie.
I thought the movie was good because it had a dragon in it and I love dragons. The PG-13 rating is only because there are some scenes that have a lot of blood shown in them. But I would still say it's a good movie, as long as you're not afraid of some blood.


What I learned about making films.
I really like the silhouette effect used for the dragon and the knight. The dragon special effects weren't the best I've ever seen, but pretty good anyway.


Why I think other kids should see this film.
There are parts in the movie that surprise you suddenly and it's very exciting. I already saw the movie a bunch of times and I see something new each time. If you like knights, dragons, and adventure, you should see this movie.

1 comment:

Nick Plate said...

Funny. Even though it is called DragonHeart, I forgot there was a dragon in it! I will have to watch it again.